Driveway Resurfacing Contractors in Surrey
You may not pay it much attention on a day-to-day basis, but your driveway is one of the first thing visitors see, and a focal point for the front of your property. Aside from aesthetics, your driveway needs to be able to endure the weight and wear of vehicles and people using it, as well as cope with changes in weather such as heat, frost, and rain.
Axtell Surfacing can carry out a wide range of driveway surfacing work including new driveways, driveway resurfacing, and maintenance services using a variety of different driveway materials to suit the individual needs of our domestic customers.
Whether you require a new driveway to replace a lawn or unused space, or driveway resurfacing services, we are equipped with both the tools and skills required to complete the job to the highest standard.
Our driveway experts will carry out site visits and discuss all your options, ensuring the job is carried out to your exact specifications and parameters. We understand everyone works differently, which is why we can quote for our work by the project as a whole or by square meter, ensuring there are no hidden costs.
Trusted Driveway Contractors Across Surrey
Whether your driveway is in need of a refresh to bring a surface back to life, or you require a completely new surface laid, Axtell Surfacing are here to help.
How Much Does It Cost to Replace a Driveway?
Eventually, all driveways need replacing, but how often you need to replace or resurface your driveway depends on a number of factors including maintenance, drainage, materials, and the professionalism of those who laid it.
The design, planning, and laying of a well laid driveway may sound simple, but if not planned and executed in a professional manner using high quality materials the results may be less than perfect or be short lived.
How much your driveway is going to cost to replace depends on the current condition, the material, and which material you wish to replace it with, each material offering different price points.
A budget-friendly alternative to replacing your driveway is driveway resurfacing. You may want to consider resurfacing if you are looking for a straight replacement for a concrete or tarmac driveway, or if your current driveway is in fairly good condition and you want to change it to another surfacing material such as a block paving or resin-bound finish.
Using our machine-lay surfacing methods, combined with hand-lay surfacing techniques, we can complete our work quickly and efficiently, ensuring minimum disruption to your daily routine and without compromising on the quality of our workmanship.
Types of Driveway Resurfacing Services
Whether it’s a small or large project, we use high-quality materials to suit your individual project requirements and are skilled in the application of different types of driveways surfacing materials including:
- Tarmac/Asphalt – Tarmac driveways are a mix of crushed stone and tar which are laid hot and solidify quickly. An asphalt driveway surface is a mix of aggregates and bitumen which can take 2-3 days to fully cure. Tarmac driveways are a popular choice due to their low maintenance features and reduced down time from fast curing.
- Concrete – A new concrete driveway offers a cost effective driveway solution for many homeowners. Concrete can be used to resurface an existing driveway, cover old asphalt, and increase kerb appeal on a range of property styles to help increase property value.
- Resin-bound Surfaces – Resin driveways are a popular and low maintenance replacement driveway surface option. Resin bound driveways are available in a range of colours and designs to allow greater personalisation compared to other types such as asphalt driveways, which while highly practical, and less customisable.
- Loose Shingle – Loose shingle driveways are a popular option for smaller commercial buildings and larger rural properties when choosing a new driveway surface. One of the fastest surfaces to lay, loose shingle makes for a fast, aesthetically pleasing replacement driveway material.
- Tar & Chip – Tar and chip is a popular resurfacing material made from a layer of bitumen covered with stone aggregate. Long lasting, low maintenance, and with high traction thanks to its rough finish, tar and chip is an affordable and popular driveway type.
- Block Paving – Block paving driveways offer a decorative and attractive new driveway finish. Block paving is slightly more than, for example, an asphalt pavement or tarmac driveway cost, but the finish is highly decorative and offers great kerb appeal.
With so many different materials and types of driveways available, including options of asphalt driveway, concrete driveways, gravel driveways, resin bound driveways, resurfacing to block paving driveways, it can be a minefield. However, at Axtell Surfacing we also provide expert advice on the best solution to deliver your ideal driveway. To learn more about driveways, visit as we explain the benefits of the various driveway materials.
Start a Conversation with Axtell Surfacing
Adding or resurfacing a driveway can make all the difference to the look and feel of your home or commercial property. For more information about our driveway resurfacing services or for expert advice on which driveway material to choose, contact our friendly team for a quote today.